Alien Grail
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random chitter chatter for the whole family to enjoy.

You are not connected. Please login or register

game reviews

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1game reviews Empty game reviews Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:01 am

Geckomelon

Geckomelon
Here come the space cops
Here come the space cops

just pick any random game, either from your steam list or you ps3/xbox/wii ECT games and then give it a review.

Assassins creed: revelations: now then, i don't hate the AC series, in fact i really liked number 2 and brotherhood but there is something about revelations that just makes me cringe. to start with it exactly the same as its predecessors'. and i mean EVERYTHING is the same, the combat, the controls, EVERYTHING. well i take that back, the setting is different (woohoo). now to stop this review from going on for ever i will say my main gripe with this game, the bugs/ glitches. there are SO many, and there not even the funny NPC spazzing out ones, there the ones where either the game freezes or stutters. not only this sometimes the missions wont complete so i can't progress and sometimes ezio just refuses to do anything at all!

ah, glad I got that off my chest, now it's your turn

2game reviews Empty Re: game reviews Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:09 am

Bazooie

Bazooie
So say we all!
So say we all!

Zelda Skyward Sword

I will begin by saying the graphics (compared to the rest of the Wii games) are amazing, then the dungeons are also the classic dungeons you would expect of a Zelda game, if not a little small. There are potions and cool gadgets. But there are two things that really get me. Number 1 is the over world. While in the other Zelda games the over worlds were huge and you could pretty much spend hours exploring. In this game it tells you where to go, and because of the over world being set in the sky it gives the illusion of being big. It is not. There are a few islands and that is it.
The second complaint I have is I hate to get Wii Motion plus to be able to play. I found that out of Christmas day when no shops were open. But overall it was thoroughly enjoyable.

https://aliengrail.forumotion.co.uk

3game reviews Empty Re: game reviews Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:53 am

Originalhassle

Originalhassle
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast

Professor Layton and the Spectre's Call: I loved this game and the story was brilliant, my only real problem witht this game is that once I 100% the puzzles I won't ever go back asa I've done them before and my memory is good enough for me to remember the solutions. However I spent about 4 days just playing it to see the story pan out and it is really good.

4game reviews Empty Re: game reviews Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:51 am

Kazoo

Kazoo
Bug's worst friend
Bug's worst friend

Decided to go at random, got two Playstation Demodisks and a chewed up popsicle stick before getting an actual game.

Crash Boom Bang:
Why do I still own this?
More importantly, how does it still work after I've driven nails through this awful monstrosity?
Tedious control, overpowered AI, broing, drawn-out boards, a terrible storyline, uninspired minigames, and... Crash wearing a japanese schoolgirl skirt? What the...
As well, the communication/taunt system is utterly atrocious, and useless as a taunt.

https://www.youtube.com/user/greenhogvideos

5game reviews Empty Re: game reviews Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:54 am

Geckomelon

Geckomelon
Here come the space cops
Here come the space cops

Dungeon Defenders

I'll own up now, I've put an unnatural amount of hours into this game, such a big amount that I am not willing to show it on the interwebs. Anyway back to the game itself, this game is very enjoyable... that is if you like slow paced tower defence games. also quite a lot of brain power is required to beat the game on the higher difficulties which I like and the levels are varied enough for multiple playthoughs. there is a lot to talk about in this game so I have created a table showing some good things... and some bad.

Good---------------------------------------------------------Bad
Lots of replay value-------------------------------------------------Very Repetitive after a while
Tons of weapons and armour to choose from------------------overly hard challenges
Good Coop match making-------------------------------------------overly hard difficulties
decent story length kinda long story length-------------------poor to medium AI
varied styles of play------------------------------------------------Glitches galore!

6game reviews Empty Re: game reviews Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:13 am

Bazooie

Bazooie
So say we all!
So say we all!

I think I'll do what Gecko did to dungeon defenders but with Jak 2, one of his most favorite games.

Good-----------------------------------------------Bad
Much longer than J&D 1-----------------------------Some missions are purely based on luck
Good Story-----------------------------------------Changed the nice mood from J&D 1
Likable Protagonist--------------------------------Hate-able Sidekick and flying monkey
Extremely Good Replay Value------------------------Got Nothin'
mix of platforming, shooting and collecting--------Got Nothin'

7game reviews Empty Re: game reviews Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:30 am

Geckomelon

Geckomelon
Here come the space cops
Here come the space cops

Bazooie wrote:I think I'll do what Gecko did to dungeon defenders but with Jak 2, one of his most favorite games.

Much longer than J&D 1-----------------------------Some missions are purely based on luck
Good Story-----------------------------------------Changed the nice mood from J&D 1
Likable Protagonist--------------------------------Hate-able Sidekick and flying monkey

adding to bens point. i don't think the developers understand the concept of a "checkpoint" most missions have 1 or 2 checkpoints and some have 0. very rage inducing... very.

8game reviews Empty Re: game reviews Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:35 am

Bazooie

Bazooie
So say we all!
So say we all!

Geckomelon wrote:
Bazooie wrote:I think I'll do what Gecko did to dungeon defenders but with Jak 2, one of his most favorite games.

adding to bens point. i don't think the developers understand the concept of a "checkpoint" most missions have 1 or 2 checkpoints and some have 0. very rage inducing... very.
Tank mission

9game reviews Empty Re: game reviews Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:39 am

Geckomelon

Geckomelon
Here come the space cops
Here come the space cops

Bazooie wrote:
Geckomelon wrote:

Tank mission

game reviews 1253885876_suicide

10game reviews Empty Re: game reviews Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:37 am

BenMatthews

BenMatthews
I'm so hungry. I just have to eat! (21)

Im gonna do my first gameboy advance cartridge i found after seeing this thread, and boy, was it a pile of penguin shit

Beyblade V Force: Ultimate Blader Jam

I just want you to understand that this was brought when Beyblade was the shit. this game to little old me was amazing. i could be a beyblade and go around obstacles. that was it. a bit like mercury (i think that was what it was called) or another game i remember being called pinball madness. all you did was get your beyblade through the course, and maybe have a gay bay battle. god this game needs crushing. the graphics were shit, the puzzles were hard as shit, the controls were, you guessed it, shit fucked up. on the game, you had one chance to start. if you fucked that up, it was game over. you then had to fight against the damn thing as it stopped spinning. this was a piss take. THEN it had the indecency to throw in moving platforms and enemies who reduced your spin everytime you hit them (which was REQUIRED). But, i digress

Its shit. the only reason i though it was good is because Pokémon Ruby was several months away from release, which to this day, is still better that this gayblade bullshit

*calms down*

Happy?

11game reviews Empty Re: game reviews Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:50 am

Bazooie

Bazooie
So say we all!
So say we all!

BenMatthews wrote:
Happy?
All your posts make me happy, apart from in RPG's or the Rank topic

12game reviews Empty Re: game reviews Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:49 am

BenMatthews

BenMatthews

And star x...

in fact, im not going to review it

End of review everybody!

game reviews Tumblr10

(why doesnt it move :'"C)

13game reviews Empty Re: game reviews Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:28 am

Geckomelon

Geckomelon
Here come the space cops
Here come the space cops

game reviews Tumblr_li4x7kVYG51qe3qspo1_500

Razz

14game reviews Empty Re: game reviews Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:34 am

BenMatthews

BenMatthews

sadface

15game reviews Empty Re: game reviews Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:32 am

Kazoo

Kazoo
Bug's worst friend
Bug's worst friend

BenMatthews wrote:sadface

You have to make it a gif and animate it with a certain program. I use gimp for it, even though I don't really like gimp.

16game reviews Empty Re: game reviews Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:33 am

BenMatthews

BenMatthews

Kazoo wrote:

You have to make it a gif and animate it with a certain program. I use gimp for it, even though I don't really like gimp.

It was originally a gif. it just hates me Sad

17game reviews Empty Re: game reviews Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:54 pm

Kazoo

Kazoo
Bug's worst friend
Bug's worst friend

BenMatthews wrote:
Kazoo wrote:

It was originally a gif. it just hates me Sad
That's not what I saw when I checked the image...

Maybe your imagehost isn't compstible with gifs?

18game reviews Empty Re: game reviews Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:44 am

Originalhassle

Originalhassle

So I decided to go back to the original point of this topic.

So my game is SSX tricky, with the new game coming out I have decided to review the best snowboarding game I have ever played. All of the routes in all of the maps link up beautifully. It has some brilliant trick combos and a great number of tricks. The characters are leveled up by use and the game makes you feel as if doing the campaign is difficult but not rediculously hard. However it has no storyline so you don't feel as engaged. This is my one problem with the game. This game is at its best when doing splitscreen co-op.

Great game which is a crazy trick fest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum